Government Concessions in Brazil Aim to Benefit Basic Sanitation Levels

Along with the support of the National Bank of Brazil, the Brazilian government has broadcast their plans to create beneficial concessions throughout the country. So far the water industry has been one of the first sectors to support and applaud the effort, but many thinks that the current situation will need to be adjusted before the project can be called a success.

Edson Carlos, the president of Trata Brasil, an institution with a vested interest in this project predicted that the plan will need to undergo some adjustments before they can be set in motion. Felipe Montoro Jens is an expert on infrastructure and commented that the high levels of waste currently in practice will need to be fully addressed before the project can proceed.

Most of the adjustments that will need to be made are in the sector of administration, but also in resources and structures as well, according to Edson Carlos. At the moment, 90% of Brazil’s population are receiving power and basic sanitation. But 70% of this is coming from state owned industries and the remaining 30% from private organizations. According to the plans, the two sources will be working in conjunction as they will both learn more from the exchange and serve the people of Brazil better.

Carlos Edison went on to applaud the private sector and their application of high-tech processing that give the state-owned enterprise much to emulate. Felipe Montoro Jens noted that the improved processing methodologies could also be applied to reducing the critical waste levels.

Felipe Montero Jens is an expert on this type of infrastructure and has lent his valuable skills to providing insights on making this project a reality. In addition to working as the President of His company Participações e Investimentos S.A. Mr. Jens is also the Chief Executive Officer of His company Properties. Felipe Montoro Jens currently serves as the Head of the Concessionária do Centro Administrativo do Distrito Federal S.A.